5.16.2011

Wishing upon a beachy vacation.

Maxi Dress: H&M ($40), Clutch: H&M($15), Shoes: Nine West($90), Cuff: Unkown, Rings: Forever 21($3-$6), Hat: H&M($10)

I found this beautiful Portuguese church a while back and it was all thanks to my bad sense of direction.  I was lost and looking for a beauty store to get some nail polish and I spotted this beautiful church. I knew right away that we had to go shoot there!  The church's architecture is very reminiscent of Goa's* buildings and that's one place we're dying to go see - it was a perfect opportunity for us to fantasize about being in Goa. S and I went to go take pictures in front of the church and we both forgot to take sweaters and literally froze (well really metaphorically). We wanted to go inside and check it out, but there was a service (I think that's the right word) going on, so we didn't want to disturb people. Oh and it was actually taking place in Portuguese, it sounded beautiful. We did get to peek through the doors and it looked spectacular - hopefully we can go back soon and visit inside.

J

*A state on the western coast of India; capital, Panaji. Formerly a Portuguese territory, it was seized by India in 1961 and made a state in 1987.

21 comments:

  1. love everything...the maxi, the hat...and the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfit and great blog! love it!
    I'm following you now, if you want to check out my blog and follow me back, I would really appreciate it :) thanks
    xoxo Sienna
    http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics ! I love your shoes ♥
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Great floral dress! Very feminine:) You have beautiful pictures and I have become a follower:)

    I would really appreciate it if you checked my blog:

    Stories and Sequins

    and become a follower as well:)

    Thank you in advance!

    Chrysa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures!
    Love the dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful scenery, love the dress and the hat :)

    http://christinebalram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the love everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i must honestly say, these are great photos!! love your outfit, your hat, the lovely background! awesome!


    howtomakemoonshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog, so lovely pictures! Follow me : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment!

    I have the same hat, but black...love it"!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I walked past those Nine West shoes on Saturday...and am suddenly feeling like a return trip is in order. uh-oh

    They look fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hat. I follow you. I'm very happy if you follow me too :).
    Alla moda e con stile

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowowow amazing shoes and dress :d

    http://shopaholicoujo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the whole look!
    Nice blog do youwanna follow each other?

    twice-asnice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your pink hat, nice blog!

    http://yourispaay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the dress! and the surroundingd are great :)
    amazing blog!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ya! We love finding other Bay Area bloggers! Love your long dress. very cute!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  18. glad you managed to take pictures infront of the portuguese church, its definately worth it! you looked lovely with that dress + floppy hat ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful picstures, love your hat and maxi! X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute hat. The scenery is perfect...

    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  21. really nice pics, that building is so nice!
    love your dress, would wear it myself, and I just realised I need a hat like yours!

    x Je suis Sophie

    ReplyDelete