6.05.2011

BFD

Hey guys! So, today I went to BFD. I just got back and I'm extremely delirious and tired. However, I can't stop thinking about the concert and need to write about the events that transpired or else my thoughts will eat me up. I went with my amazing friend Joana, who has the exact same taste as me when it comes to music (when it comes to men thats a different story altogether, but that's for another day). We arrived early so we could procure ourselves a good spot to see the bands and much to our surprise we found spots right in the front...we were about 5 feet away from the bands!


AWOLNATION was the first band to perform. I was nervous to see them because I was scared Aaron Bruno's voice wouldn't sound as good live. Aaron (yes we are on a first name basis becuase he waved at me during his performance) has raw talent. I could not believe the way he was contorting his voice. Any normal person would've passed out hitting the notes he did, but he didn't. I fell more deeply in love with them after this. I'd also like to give Aaron an A+ on his outfit; it was so chic. He wore a striped blue tee, blue jeans, and red toms. I couldn't find a full picture of him, but that's him with his smoldering eyes while he's singing. =)
Young the Giant went right on after AWOLNATION, so I had no time to recover my voice after screaming like a mad person when AWOLNATION was performing. This group is so CUTE! Seriously every single person in this band is just the bees knees. I could go on and on about how cute they were, but I'll talk about their performance. Sameer Gadhia is the lead singer and does this man know how to sing. I had my eyes closed half the time, so I could really soak in every single lyric he sang. Eric Cannata and Payam Doostzadeh were amazing on the guitar; they were so focused on playing that the whole time they had very serious faces on. Mr. Doostzadeh, while playing, looked at me several times which made my heart melt and I know he might've been looking at my general area, but I like to tell myself he was looking at me. I couldn't find a clear picture of the whole band at BFD, but here is the lead singer Sameer Gadhia.
Foster the People were one of the bands Joana and I came to BFD specially for, so when they came on stage we freaked. Just like Young the Giant every single person in this band was extremely handsome and well dressed. The boys in this band are so talented; they all played several different instruments throughout their performance. I mean I'm impressed when someone knows one instrument, but these guys could play more than three each. The lead singer Mark Foster not only has a unique voice, but quirks as well. Every time Mr. Foster sang he moved his shoulders up and down. It was so adorable I couldn't help but say "Awww".  The band was extremely energetic and it was infectious, so by the end they had the whole crowd jumping around and waving their hands to Pumped Up Kicks. Sadly I could not find any photos of Foster the People at BFD so this will have to do.
P.S. If you are wondering why I didn't have the decency to take photos of the concert. They didn't allow DSLR cameras inside so I was out of luck. All in all I had an amazing time and I would recommend checking all of these bands out! Oh and here's a link I found to pictures etc. if you're interested.

A




Like us on Facebook you know you want to.    Also follow us on Twitter to hear us after hours.

1 comment:

  1. just have to say, I am ever so jealous of you!! Put Grouplove on that lineup and my curent band obsessions would've been complete!

    ReplyDelete