12.15.2011

Chanel Pre-Fall 2012


Hi all, I know it's late and as A says, you know how life is and how it loves to get in the way!  All three of us have been wanting to write about Chanel's Pre-Fall 2012 collection but just never got a chance to do so.  I have been missing in action and thought I'd make a come back on the blog :-)  I just finished wrapping all of my Christmas presents and going with my Christmas tradition, I was drinking wine while wrapping up all my presents... so I admit that I'm a little buzzed right now!  Alright, no more rambling and now onto the Chanel show and what I thought about it.

I was so psyched to hear that the collection was inspired by India and the theme of the show was Bombay meets Paris.  I went onto Style.com as soon as I got a chance to check out the new collection by Lagerfeld.  For me Chanel's runway shows are always beyond the clothes, it's always a beautiful experience with an extraordinary runway setup that's trying to tell a story.  The show definitely held up to  that this time as well...I loved the runway set-up and from what I've read on Twitter, it actually smelled of tuberose...that must've been exquisite.  When I started to look at the collection, I instantly fell in love with the jewelry, it had all the Indian essentials from the necklaces to the earrings, maang tikkas to the nose-rings.  I also quite like the straight simple silhouettes of some of the outfits and how they were so reminicent of the maharajas in olden India.  However, I have to admit that my excitement died down pretty quickly because most of the outfits just felt so out of place and some were downright tacky, don't know if it was just me but the collection just didn't feel cohesive.  I know I'm talking about Lagerfeld (whom I love btw) but I thought the collection could've been so much better!  I appreciate the outfits where Indian silhouettes have been used, like the off-whites that look like dhotis, jodhpurs, and churidaars paired up with achkans but some where just staple Chanel outfits thrown on the runway with Indian accessories :-(  

Above are a few outfits that I think depicted the theme very well, these ensembles had a complete mix of Chanel and India.


Well, that's it for now because I'm so damn sleepy...I shall be back soon!


XOXO
J

No comments:

Post a Comment